Witt mouth is between Aurich and Jever in the historic landscape Ostfriesland. From the city center there are to the coast 15 km away. In terms of area Witt mouth is one of the largest cities in Lower Saxony. About the ferry pier Harlesiel to reach the North Sea island of Wangerooge. Witt mouth is located on the Harle, a river which rises in both the Wittmunder city and flows. To the north, the Wittmunder City border reached with the district Carolinensiel and Harlesiel directly to the North Sea coast. The town of Wittmund is located on the Geest, on the southwestern edge of the former Harlebucht (march), which was dammed by little over the centuries piece.
Landmarks and Buildings
• The Protestant Church of St. Nicholas was built in 1775/76 instead of a previous building 1541. It is a late Baroque church hall in brick with pre-west tower. The on three sides by galleries framed interior is spanned by a wooden barrel vault. Facilities include a Baroque pulpit of 1667, a Taufständer of wood in 1777 and 1776 created by Hinrich Just Müller organ, of which only the prospectus is obtained. The pipework was by Alfred Guide (1936).
• The Wittmunder circle house on the market of 1899-1901 was built according to plans by Ludwig Klingenberg in forms of historicism. Inside the boardroom still has the original furnishings. Also on the market is the imposing structure of the district court, which was created in the 19th century. In simple classical forms. The three central axes are combined by a flat triangular pediment.
• The Peldemühle is Germany's oldest still fully functional gallery Dutch, built in 1741 by Popke Embken as a private mill. In the building a museum is housed.
• Another mill is the Siuts-mill on the Auricher road. The two-story gallery Dutchman was built in 1884 and used until 1979 as a mill. In the mill, which is now used as a restaurant, is still a shot transition exists.
• In the center are preserved several older, created in brick dwellings, especially in the area of Mill Street. Emphasis is put on no. 14. The two-story, also known as "Groot Hus" or "Brant's house" known construction with curved bell tower was built in 1733. The gable is crowned by a wrought iron weather vane. A few meters away is no. 17, 1735 emerged as a ground-floor apartment building. Nos. 9, a day plastered brick building is designated in 1748. Brückstraße 1 is characterized by a curved pediment. The building was the 1777th